IMPORTANT POINTS TO CONSIDER – LIVE FROM MWC 2014
- The Galaxy S5 and the Gear devices will be launched by Samsung on 11th April 2014 in 150 countries.
- The Samsung Galaxy S5 has built in a heart rate sensor which is located hidden under the primary camera.
- The Galaxy S5 screen is larger than the Galaxy S4 sitting at 5.1 inches with a sharper camera with a resolution of 16 megapixels.
- Davind Park of Samsung briefed the attendees about the technical specifications of Samsung Galaxy S5 in detail.
- The Gear Fit which is a fitness wrist band to meet the fitness needs of it’s customers was unveiled by Samsung.
- The Samsung Galaxy S5 is supposed to be powered by 2.5GHz Quad-Core processor which is coupled with 2GB of RAM and runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
Sony has unveiled a new waterproof smartphone that can take ultra-high-definition videos whereas Nokia introduced three Android smartphones aimed at emerging markets and Lenovo announced one with an all-glass exterior.
On scene, Dan Hays (US Wireless Advisory Leader at the consulting firm PwC) says ;
[quote]It is increasingly difficult to get attention for your device in a very crowded marketplace.[/quote]
Roger Entner (Analyst with Recon Analytics) says ;
[quote]Samsung is going to take the oxygen out of the room.The Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S3 were both blockbuster devices which have helped Samsung surpass Apple Inc. as the world’s largest smartphone maker.[/quote]