The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is one handset that has been very popular with developers and consumers . The device will be updated to Android Jelly Bean 4.2 at some point, but right now we do not have an idea when and even the source feels the same. As of now users can go ahead with the update and install a custom ROM. Just take extra care when you install a ROM that you follow the instructions carefully and simultaneously.
Also read : Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0
This ROM is for the some Mote 2 series smartphones which are :- Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2, AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2. To go ahead with this procedure , the device will have to go through a severe rooting process. We have mentioned certain points below that you will have to follow in order to carry out the procedure rightly.
- Check that the battery has around 70% left on it as you do not want to run out of battery.
- Back up the device and remember to switch OFF the security of the device and on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on the device.
- Install ClockworkMod
- Download the ROM you want to the PC
After following the above , you can now go ahead with the main procedure which we have provided below.
- Install all appropriate Samsung’s USB drivers onto your PC.
- Connect your device ( Note 2 ) to your PC and copy the chosen ROM and Google Apps to your device’s SD card properly.
- Turn off the Note 2 and reboot it in recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, volume down and power keys once it is turned off.
- Make an Android backup for your present ROM so you can restore it if you need to.
- Choose Backup and Restore > Backup. You can choose restore if you need to revert.
- In the main menu, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition. Then go back and select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Return to the main menu and choose Install Zip from SD card > choose Zip from SD card. Decide and select the custom ROM zip file that you have copied onto the Note 2 and confirm the installation. This has to be repeated with Google Apps.
- Once installation has completed , return to main menu and choose reboot system now.
- The Note 2 will reboot and this first run might take four or five minutes. Please do not panic and starting pressing buttons on the device.