It is time for all Sony Xperia SP users to get happy as the company has released a new firmware update which is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Sony rolled out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean stock firmware update with build number 12.1.A.0.266 for Xperia SP in February 2014. Later in April 2014, another update with build number 12.1.A.1.201 was released which brought in an enhanced user interface with improved battery and better software performance according to Xperia Blog.
As can be seen in the image, Sony has rolled out a new firmware with build number 12.1.A.1.205 for the Xperia SP. In order to manually check the availability of the update, navigate to Settings>> About phone>> Software Updates >> System Updates.
A senior XDA member named antkalaitzakis96 has shared the FTF firmware download link for the current build and also the shared the changelog.
PRESENT BUGS (NOT FIXED)
- No NFC icon present on Status Bar.
- While installing an app there is a bar which is not fixed.
OFFICIAL BUG FIXES
- Charging time is shorter.
- Performance of Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 enhanced.
- Stability of Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 enhanced.
- Screen visibility improved.
- File handling is quicker.
- RAM Management is improved.
- Screen flickering has been eradicated.
- LED is off while on call.
- Super fast.
- Overheating fixed
FTF LINK –C5303_12.1.A.1.205_Generic GR.ftf
Note: Google has blocked downloads for 24 hours. Kindly use this GUIDE while downloading the implementing the firmware.